Detox Day Spa, A Holistic Health Express Spa Concept, Announces Grand Opening on Oct. 7
Spa Concept is first of its kind in metro Detroit & aims to address Detroit’s ‘unhealthy’ problem
DETROIT (Oct. 4, 2017) – Detox Day Spa opens to the public on Saturday, Oct. 7. It is the first express spa concept, which is focused on holistic body and mind detox services for local residents who want healthier lifestyles or ones who want to continue with ongoing health journeys, in the metro Detroit area.
In early 2017, financial and economic online resource WalletHub ranked Detroit the most unhealthiest metropolitan area in the United States. Additionally, it was found that Detroit was in the top five for the lowest percentage of physically active adults.
Detox Day Spa’s services can anecdotally address joint disorders, digestive disorders, insomnia, chronic pain, fatigue, obesity, inflammation, mood disorders and most important, immune deficiency.
The spa’s services also have anecdotal applications for diabetes, nephritis, cardiovascular disease, cancer, lower respiratory diseases, Alzheimer’s Disease, brain disorders and eye disease.
Detox Day Spa, which is located in Northern Oakland County just past the Great Lakes Outlets on South Baldwin Road in Orion Township, offers several targeted detox services, including:
- Alkaline water therapy – Drinking water that is free of impurities, structured and alkaline is the best way to stay hydrated. Alkaline water is contaminant-free, energized, antioxidant and delicious. It offers several benefits, including aiding with the digestive process more effectively.
- Bioflavonoid therapy – These have been used in alternative medicine as an aid to enhance the action of vitamin C, to support blood circulation, as an antioxidant, and to treat allergies, viruses, or arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Detox foot baths – It involves pouring water into the foot bath, pouring sea salt into the water and letting your feet soak for 15-30 minutes. The ionizer in the footbath helps release positive and negative ions into the water, which your body takes into its pores. The ions then energize your cells, encouraging them to release any heavy metals, fat, acid, oil and other debris that have accumulated in your body.
- Detoxifying facials – These are deep skin treatments that cleanse, re-hydrate and rejuvenate the skin, apart from minimizing skin blemishes, acne, dry skin or wrinkles. Facials vary depending on skin type.
- HydroMassage – Simply lie down in the open design bed, fully clothed, and feel the immediate benefits of the traveling jet system, which delivers an “all sides” body massage. The bed can be easily customized to put pressure exactly where you need it most.
- Infrared sauna detox – These are the healthiest rays we can receive that penetrate deep into the skin to dissolve harmful substances in our bodies, among several other benefits, such as increased metabolism.
- Reflexology machines – The practice and purpose go deeper than the skin and muscles by taking specific reflex points on the foot to induce a healing response in corresponding organs and areas of the body.
- Spiritual/psychic readings – This service is offered twice monthly by renowned local spiritual adviser Diane, who offers both spiritual reading and healing services.
“Based on national marketing research by Pew Research and local market research we conducted in partnership with SurveyMonkey, this something people need and want,” said owner and operator Anthony Beven, who is a former Fortune 500 digital marketing executive and a former long-time health and trends freelance reporter for The Oakland Press.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network, a dynamic system that provides information and data about environmental hazards and potentially-related health problems, there are Environmental Hazards to be noted in Michigan, including:
- Air pollutants, particularly in larger cities;
- Arsenic in drinking water;
- Mercury and organochlorine contaminants in soil, sediments, fish and wildlife.
The concept centers on providing 2-3 detox services to clients once a week in a time window of approximately 60 minutes, give or take, with the goal to receive detoxify the body for more energy, better health and a more focused mind.
“Americans are waking up to the fact that our bottled and tap water is filled with unsafe toxins, our food is no longer nutrient rich – in fact the opposite – and even daily-use products, such as lotion, deodorant and hairspray, are adding to the toxin levels in our bodies. Then there’s Big Pharma and the doctors who are complacent with pushing medications that aren’t solving health problems and, in most cases, causing a number of other side effects,” Beven said.
The mission of Detox Day Spa is to help Oakland County and metro Detroit residents get to a better state – a healthier state of mind, body and soul. The spa hopes to create a movement toward a new community that places a higher value on our own lives and the lives of those we love.
“Our hope, our goal is to help one person at a time, and that they will tell a friend or family member who will seek our services,” Beven said. “We understand chronic illness first-hand. We know the struggles, the medications, the doctor appointments, the lowered energy levels. We get it. We’ve been there, and we found our way to each of detox services we offer. Now, we want to offer those same services to others.”
During the month of October, limited free services for foot detox baths and special pricing on other services and packages will be offered to the public. The Grand Spa Package is discounted to $125 at a $187 value.
Featured treatments include: detox foot bath (15 min.), reflexology machine session (15 min.), 1-gallon of free alkaline water, HydroMassage sessions (60 min.) and infrared detox sauna sessions (2 at 30-min. each).
- Other specials can be viewed Here.
- For those interested in learning more about Detox Day Spa’s services they can sign up for e-communications Here.
About Detox Day Spa
Our mission at Detox Spa Services is to help Oakland County and metro Detroit residents get to a better state, a healthier state of mind, body and soul. The concept centers on providing 2-3 detox services to clients once a week in a time window of approximately 60 minutes with the goal to detoxify the body for more energy, better health and a more focused mind. Services offered include: Alkaline water therapy, bioflavonoid therapy, detox foot baths, detoxifying facials, HydroMassage, infrared sauna detox, reflexology machines and spiritual/psychic readings. Visit www.detoxdayspa.com.
Detox Day Spa