DNA Swab Testing – SoFlo Only
Detox Day Spa now offers DNA Swab Testing. Swabs are as accurate as blood. Epithelial cells contain exactly the same DNA as blood cells. In other words, these swab tests are more than 99.9% accurate, which is the same in case of blood samples as well.
The cheek swab DNA test is one of the most common kinds of DNA tests. It can be carried out at a lab, or you can complete one yourself with a DNA testing kit. Plenty of labs across the U.S. and worldwide use a cheek swab, also known as a buccal swab, to test DNA for all kinds of research.
Using one swab at a time, the inside of the cheek is scraped, inside of the lips, and/or around your gum line for at least 30 seconds. A downward motion is used as the swab is rotated.
Avoid putting anything in your mouth for at least an 10-20 min. prior to collecting cheek-cell samples. Foreign particles from food, liquids, toothpaste and tobacco byproducts don’t alter the DNA but they can mask it. The consequence is that the sample becomes degraded and therefore unusable.
There are six DNA swab tests to choose from, including DNA Diet, DNA Genetics, DNA Mind, DNA Estrogen, DNA Skin and DNA Sport.
- Diet – Effective eating strategy: Low Carbohydrate, Low Fat, Mediterranean.
- Estrogen – Personalized recommendations to improve estrogen metabolism.
- Health – Potential lifestyle diseases (like MTHFR defects) and optimal well-being.
- Mind – Mental Health strategies for Neurodegenerative, Mood, and Addictive Disorders.
- Skin – Improve the visual signs of aging: Sun Sensitivity, Pigmentation, Firmness and Elasticity.
- Sport – Effective training strategy: Athletic Potential, Injury risk, Recovery time.
Within 7-14 business days, you’ll receive a complete and detailed PDF report with your results and recommendations.
Cost – Individual Tests & Bundled Testing (all must be ordered at same time)
Schedule a test today. Book online below.